In 1995, UAB (Joint-stock company) Triasas was established. It was involved in the trade of stainless steel products.
Towards the end of 2000, the company’s name, business activities and assets were sold to Scandinavian stainless steel manufacturing group Outokumpu and UAB Triasas was renamed to UAB Karbonas. Since 2001 the company began a new phase of business having set up a sheet material cutting service center. A 2000 sq. meters industrial building was acquired for this business in Garliava, near Kaunas, close to Via Baltica highway.
• In 2001, the company launched the first in the Baltic States CNC abrasive water jet cutting machine WJ3020B-2Z, manufactured by PTV (Czech Republic).
• In 2002, the second CNC abrasive water jet cutting machine WJ3020B-2Z PTV (Czech Republic), manufactured by PTV (Czech Republic), was launched.
• In 2003, a CNC plasma and gas cutting machine Cortina DS3100, manufactured by MGM (Czech Republic), was launched.
• 2004–2005 company started providing machining and welding services using EWM (Germany) equipment.
• In 2006, CNC bending machine Amada HFE 170-3 (Japan) was acquired.
• In 2007, a laser cutting machine Bystar 3015 4.4 kW (BYSTRONIC, Switzerland) was purchased and installed.
• In 2008, with partial financing of the State Social Insurance Fund, filter and ventilation equipment was purchased, working conditions improved and harmful emissions were reduced.
• In 2011 UAB Karbonas began implementing a project entitled “Leader LT”, which includes plans to replace some of the technological equipment, and acquisition of several new technologies (watch information in the “News” section).